In 2011 I bought my first sailboat, a 27-foot Pacific Seacraft Orion and outfitted it for long-distance voyaging.
The following year I left the Air Force after 10 years and sailed south from North Carolina. I’m currently in the West Indies sailing part time with no solid plans of where I’ll go next!
Looking to do something similar? Leave the rat race and buy a little sailboat? Or maybe you’re already doing it an just looking for some more resources or reading. I hope this page helps you out with all of that!
Latest Sailing Posts
Looking for some great sailing books to give you some inspiration to stop dreaming and start doing? These books put me in a sailboat and living the dream.
This is a follow-up post to my initial justifications of installing a Katadyn 40E watermaker in my 27′ sailboat – here I review its performance.
Most Popular Sailing Posts
Buying a Sailboat
Outfitting the Sailboat
- Prioritizing & organizing projects
- Self-steering gear
- Replacing lights with LEDs
- Projects while living in the boatyard
- Wind generators for small sailboats
- Do you need a watermaker?
- Reviewing the Katadyn 40E watermaker
- Ten realities of cruising on a small sailboat
- Six things I learned from my first year cruising
- My first time sailing long distance offshore!
- Doing laundry while cruising
- Making uncomfortable anchorages more comfortable
- Returning to sailing after a two-year break!