In 2011 I bought my first sailboat, a 27-foot Pacific Seacraft Orion and outfitted it for long-distance voyaging.
The following year I left the Air Force after 10 years and sailed south from North Carolina. I’m currently in the West Indies sailing part time with no solid plans of where I’ll go next!
Looking to do something similar? Leave the rat race and buy a little sailboat? Or maybe you’re already doing it an just looking for some more resources or reading. I hope this page helps you out with all of that!
Latest Sailing Posts
“The lovely thing about cruising is that planning usually turns out to be of little use.” So true. Here’s my best estimate of my immediate sailing plans.
Finally, a way to edit 4K HD video & RAW photos without a laptop! Excellent for travel, backpacking, & hiking. This is my first review of the new Gnarbox.
Most Popular Sailing Posts
Buying a Sailboat
Outfitting the Sailboat
- Prioritizing & organizing projects
- Self-steering gear
- Replacing lights with LEDs
- Projects while living in the boatyard
- Wind generators for small sailboats
- Do you need a watermaker?
- Reviewing the Katadyn 40E watermaker
- Ten realities of cruising on a small sailboat
- Six things I learned from my first year cruising
- My first time sailing long distance offshore!
- Doing laundry while cruising
- Making uncomfortable anchorages more comfortable
- Returning to sailing after a two-year break!