The ditch and berm starting in the lower right corner and zigzagging back to the upper right are a part of the French lines that Capt. Paulint helped build during the 1758 battle. The area was cleared of trees, which were used to build the lines. They were completed just hours before the British attacked. Capt. Paulint was on the right flank under the Chevalier de Levis.