The house that my 3rd-Great-Grandfather, John III, built prior to 1867. It’s now a B&B, and the owners were nice enough to tell me about it. The covered patio was added in the early 20th century. During the Prohibition (after my family left for the west), the house was modified with false walls and hiding spots. The Feds caught on and the owner lost the farm. John II and his brother Louis had farms across the street, right on Lake Champlain.
Popular Right Now
- Five Best Lightweight Tripods for Backpacking and Travel
- My New Favorite Phone GPS Backpacking & Hiking App
- Watermakers for Small Cruising Sailboats
- Can You Fly a Drone in Parks, National Forests, and Wilderness Areas?
- Finances and Making Money While Sailing, Part One
- 10 Things I Wish My Friends Understood About Cruising on a Small Sailboat