The British finally took the fort in 1759. Nathanial Green later defeated the British here in 1775, in the first American victory of the Revolution. Capt. Paulint and family spent two months here in 1776, after a month at Crown Point, during their retreat from Quebec. The refugees’ next and final stop was Albany.
Popular Right Now
- Five Best Lightweight Tripods for Backpacking and Travel
- Increasing Mavic Air Drone Visibility with the Strobon Micro Light
- Watermakers for Small Cruising Sailboats
- Can You Fly a Drone in Parks, National Forests, and Wilderness Areas?
- Where You Can Fly a Drone in Lake Tahoe: Downloadable Map
- An Easier Sony Alpha Mirrorless Camera Comparison