The house that my 3rd-Great-Grandfather, John III, built prior to 1867. It’s now a B&B, and the owners were nice enough to tell me about it. The covered patio was added in the early 20th century. During the Prohibition (after my family left for the west), the house was modified with false walls and hiding spots. The Feds caught on and the owner lost the farm. John II and his brother Louis had farms across the street, right on Lake Champlain.
Starting to hit the hiking trails...where the snow has melted...
Join 9,200 other followers
Popular Right Now
- My New Favorite Phone GPS Backpacking & Hiking App
- Finances and Making Money While Sailing, Part One
- Five Best Lightweight Tripods for Backpacking and Travel
- Watermakers for Small Cruising Sailboats
- Backpacking the Lost Coast Trail - Everything you Need to Know
- Ten Must-Read Books to Help You Break the Shackles and Go Sailing